Click here to download a pdf version of this page
– Primary care and Internal Medicine: In-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Aetna, and Medicare. We also accept HMO’s from Ravenswood Physician Associates and St. Joseph Preferred.
– For patients with high deductible and out-of-network benefits, you are responsible for our fees at the time of service. Remember some of the services may not be covered under your plan. We’ll give you information at the time of your visit, but we cannot guarantee that such testing will be covered through insurance. It is the patient’s responsibility to check for coverage.
– For Functional Medicine, the only insurance accepted is Blue Cross Blue Shield (most programs).
– A deductible is the amount of money you need to pay out of pocket before your insurance will pay for our services.
– Acupuncture: please contact our office for current fees, if it is not covered, we will work with you so the service is affordable.
– Intravenous nutrition: it is not covered by insurance.
- Payments can be made by cash, check, and credit card (Visa, Master card, American Express).
We request our patients to arrive 30 minutes before their scheduled visit to complete the appropriate forms.
- Cancellations of less than 24hrs we’ll be charged $65.
- Full payment is expected at the time of service if insurance doesn’t cover the service provided.
- Our clinic will bill the insurance, but the patient is responsible at the time of service for deductibles, co-pay and co-insurance.
- A credit card on file is required to order supplements and special lab tests.
- When you make an appointment, we ask that you forward us a copy of your insurance card to verify your eligibility and benefits (at least 48hrs before your visit).
- Forms to be completed (physical, FMLA, disability, worker’s comp among others): We charge a fee for the time involved in filling out these forms. Charges vary depending on the complexity ranging from $35 to $50.
- Non-covered services. Be aware that some services may not be covered by insurance and the patient will be responsible for payment.
- Prescription refills will be authorized at the time of your visit and will provide enough to last until your next appointment. If you run out before, we may allow an additional 1-2 week prescription but an appointment is needed after that. So have your pharmacy fax us a refill request to 773-525-6596.
- New prescriptions: a prescription for a new condition (or one written by another physician) requires an office visit.
- Controlled substance medications (including tranquilizers, hypnotics, and medications for attention deficit disorders) require an office visit. If you are not able to make it, we’ll allow a week supply only and then, a follow up in the office is required.
- We use many different labs that are out-of-network with your insurance carrier. These tests are crucial for more accurate diagnoses of the condition that brought you to our clinic. We’ll give you information at the time of your visit, but we cannot guarantee that such testing will be covered through insurance. It is the patient’s responsibility to check for coverage.
We depend on timely payments from our patients. Please make every effort to comply with your obligations. We’ll charge $45 for returned checks and $45 for rebilling. Patients whose accounts are not up to date will be asked to bring their accounts current prior to receiving additional services.