Connect with us:

Mold Illness

Mold illness is a common but poorly recognized condition which may cause many debilitating illnesses.

It is caused by mycotoxins produced by fungi which can infest food, buildings, vehicles.

Mold can grow in any surface especially if the environment is warm and wet.

These toxins accumulate and compromise the body’s ability to detoxify.

Allopathic medicine usually is unable to associate many of the following complaints with mold illness:

  • Breathing: shortness of breath, asthma, chest tightness.
  • Emotions: irritability, anger
  • Eyes: blood shot eyes, light sensitivity, vision loss
  • Fatigue: chronic fatigue syndrome or fatigue in general
  • Gastrointestinal: cramps, nausea, diarrhea
  • Mental: confusion, brain fog, diagnosis of dementia, anxiety, depression, ADD, ADHD
  • Mold sensitivity: any symptoms when exposed to mold
  • Nasal: chronic congestion, repeated bouts of sinusitis
  • Neurological: electroshock sensations, tics, seizures, tingling of hands and feet, up and down spinal cord vibrating sensations
  • Osteo-articular: joint and muscle pains
  • Pain: headaches, sharp ice pick like
  • Sensitivities: multiple environmental sensitivities
  • Skin: unusual rashes, hair loss
  • Taste: metallic
  • Thirst: dryness in mouth, excessive thirst
  • Urinary: excessive urination
  • Weight: sudden onset of weight gain (unexplained). Inability to lose it despite good diet and exercise
  • Anybody with diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple chemical sensitivities, Lyme disease, autoimmune diseases, fibromyalgia, etc, could have an underlying mold illness as the root cause.

It is imperative to rule out mold illness to achieve optimal health.

To make matters worse, 25% of the population has a genetic sensitivity to mold bio-toxins.

You or I may be exposed to mold but only the ones that carry the genes will get really ill.

At Lakeview Integrative Medicine we diagnose and treat mold following many protocols including Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker, Dr. Neil and Dr. Patricia Kane (PK protocol).

To explore the possibility of mycotoxin illness you will be asked to take a Visual Contrast test (VCS) available online (cost $15). If it’s positive, you will be given a kit (blood or urine) to determine if mycotoxin (toxins from mold) could be the source of your illness. If it’s positive, the first step to initiate treatment will be to make sure your home, car, workplace, school are free of mold.

Then we will begin the process of eliminating mold from your body. This requires a comprehensive treatment that will help you regain your health.


Our fee is $350/hr

Supplements and kits needed are separate